Friday, March 14, 2008

PRAYER CHAIN

We are back and the news was not the best news for my Dad. It seems the cancer has spreed to his brain and his spine really badly. He is on some new pain medicine that will help keep him comfortable for now. He will need to have radiation on his brain and switch from chemo every three weeks to every week. My Dad is tired and can't really travel with all his pain, and this trip was very hard on him since he has become so weak. So he has decided to do the treatments at home in NC for now and have the Dr's in Philadelphia check him once a month. Mikee and I support my Dads decisions whatever he wants is fine with us. I appreciate all the kind words and prayers that all my friends and blog friends are sending our way. Please add my Dad, Tommy Cox to your prayer chains I believe in prayer and all that God can do in our lives. I will keep you posted on his appointments next week. Have a blessed weekend.

4 comments:

Paula said...

Cyndi,
I will pray for your Dad.
for Gods will to be done.
for less pain for him.
Love, Paula

Windy said...

Cyndi - I will pray for your family and for your Dad's strength. I only wish there was more I could do for you.

Denise C said...

Cyndi,
I will add your Daddy to our prayer list at church..and my family will continue to lift him and you in prayer faithfully! I am so sorry the news was not better....but I too believe in the power of prayer...and we serve a healing God who loves us more than we can ever imagine!
May God's grace be sufficient for all of you sweet friend!
Blessings,
Denise

Our family said...

Cyndi,
I am so sorry to hear about the latest news on your dad. I know how scary this is for you as I was just there a few months ago with granddaddy. God will sustain you and your dad and he will give you strength that you did not know you had. Know that I am praying for you and your dad. A big hug from me through cyberspace!
Jan