Thursday, February 7, 2008

ASH WEDNESDAY


Well last night Brady and I were in bed and we talked about Ash Wednesday and what we were going to give up for Lent. Brady goes to a Episcopal school so on Wednesdays its chapel day and the Priest is wonderful and Brady learns so much from her. I feel so blessed that we are able to send him to such a great school where he can learn more about God everyday and apply it to his life. Brady is giving up his electronic games (Wii, Game Cube and Game boy etc.) and that will be a big one for him. So I had to think what would I give up that would really set an example for him. I have been trying not to drink sodas (big Coke drinker here) and Brady will remind me from time to time Mom those aren't good for you, so with that said NO SODAS for lent. Well its only till Easter but by then I will be over sodas and will have moved on to healthier drinking habbits. So let me know what are you doing for Lent??

3 comments:

Paula said...

That is the perfect solution to give up your soda habit. After lent is over you won't even care about sodas.

redmaryjanes said...

We are not Catholic, so we don't celebrate Lent. I think that it is wonderful though and I am proud of your son for giving up his games, that is huge. And I'm proud of you for giving up your pop.

Alyson and Ford said...

Can I give up my DH's drinking Coke (Zero)?
We are not big soda drinkers but did not think about what to give up. I believe in being disciplined, so always look for ways to have more freedom by obeying God's commandments. We experience freedom with being disciplined.

Alyson
LID 01/27/06